Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy? Valentine's Day

Good evening and Happy Valentine's Day to those who worship this dark, foreboding holiday. I used to....but that was before. Before I realized what a joke it is. Love, that is. In this day and age, love is as rare as hen's teeth. There aren't many things that mean a lot these days. Romance, maybe. Sex, undoubtedly. Love....well, it IS a four-letter word. In truth, I'm cynical about love these days....and with good reason. I swore my love to a woman. Never swayed from that love. What did I get for it? The shaft, that's what! Sure, sure, she's claiming it was all me, but even SHE knows that's a load of crap. I was faithful; I was there for her. I never quit loving her. Still love her, truth be told. But, I see her practically every day and, each day, she becomes more and more a stranger. She tells me that I'm helping the kids out when, in truth, she's the one benefiting from things. It's easy for her to feel good about destroying a relationship with a man who loves her IF SHE CAN BELIEVE THAT RUBBISH!

Sadly, Valentine's Day is the anniversary of our first date. Add to that the fact that today, of all days, was the first court date regarding the divorce proceedings. My lawyer said I didn't have to be there. Thank God!

So, you can see why I find it such a loathesome holiday nowadays. I'll just be glad when this day is over.

Come on February 15th!

No comments: