Monday, February 12, 2007

Life's a bitch.....

Well, this blogger thing has certainly gotten me off my arse. I'm not quite as good at it yet as my friends Wayne Allen Sallee, Larry Santoro or Sidney Williams, but it's at least making me think about the bigger picture in life. My wife and I have been separated since last July. It's been a tough haul for me. I still love the woman but I know that her heart isn't with me anymore. In hindsight, she hasn't wanted to be my wife in quite a long time. That's sad, really, because we have a lot of great memories together. It's left an empty hole in my heart, and my ambition to get things done is minimal at best. Oddly enough, I've been writing a lot, though. This coming weekend, I plan on finishing the printing of the text to my latest book, TALES FROM THE CELLAR. The Cellar, for those unfamiliar with Carbondale, is a bar on the northern end of the strip. It is, essentially, a basement. Back in August of last year, I walked into The Cellar with my laptop and started chronicling the saga of the dissolution of our love. In a lot of ways, it helped. I was blaming myself for the price of tea in China at the time, so much so that I started seeing a counselor to keep from going absolutely insane with loneliness. She helped a lot, and encouraged the writing of the book. May God bless her. But, back to TALES FROM THE CELLAR. For those remotely familiar with me as a person and a writer, the fiction within the book will come as an incredible shock. It's very open and candid, and most of it isn't genre fiction at all. Only a handful of tales fit into the dark fantasy/horror/science fiction field I'm used to working in. Most of the stories are about how much I still love my wife. Sadly, I gave her a copy of the book and her only comment was: "It's the same shit you always bitch about." She read what she wanted to read into the pages. I hope, someday, she rereads the book and realizes how much it hurt me to let her go.

Life's a bitch, my friends.....

No comments: