Friday, March 9, 2007

Is Nothing Sacred?

Back in the late 60's/early 70's, when I was a wee lad, my favorite comic book character wasn't Batman or Superman.....it was Captain America. I loved Cap when he ran with The Falcon, and bought every issue (a small feat....considering how dirt poor we were). Captain America was my hero. Occasionally, over the past three decades, I've revisited ol' Cap and read an adventure or two, but life took me in directions where comic books didn't follow. It was so much easier to buy comics when they were in Garwood's storefront window, tempting me to purchase them. A supermarket rack isn't nearly as enticing.

I found out today (I've been pretty busy lately) that Captain America was killed by a sniper in the latest issue of the comic. I've had a hard time of things lately, but this was a gut-shot I didn't need. It seems nothing is sacred these days, my friends. This makes me very sad.

Roger

No comments: