Thursday, April 12, 2007

Damned if I know....

I was looking at the last post and realized it's been nearly two weeks since I last posted. Not much has happened since the trip to Canada. I've been working, watching the kids in the evenings and on weekends so my ingrate of a soon-to-be ex-wife can work. I don't want to descend into a diatribe about how I still love her (and am ashamed of myself for still loving her), but it drives me nuts. She called me the other day - yesterday, as a matter of fact - just to talk to me. She made it sound like she wanted to be certain I was going to pick up the kids up after school, but she DAMNED WELL knew I was. I suppose she was having a moment of regret, and that's fine....but don't mask it as something else. You've lied enough to me over the course of our relationship. We're over. We're done. You made it so. Aren't you proud of yourself? Isn't you momma proud, too?

Sorry, I should delete that....but I probably won't.

Anyway, my trip to Canada got me inspired to start work on a new novel. The book is called LONELY HEARTS and features a very unique serial killer. It features my detective Frank Powell. I'm about 45 pages into it so far, writing at lunchtime and in between entertaining the kids.

I've gotta go watch the kids. More later, Roger

No comments: