Friday, February 22, 2008

Cold as Ice


It's been two weeks, roughly, since my last post. In that time, Southern Illinois University, where I work, has closed down THREE days due to weather conditions. In the ten years I've been there, I recall it only closing once, and then for one day. So, the weather out here is frightful, to paraphrase that up-tempo Xmas song. I knocked the ice off the car today to go get the kids at their daycare. It was the first time the Jeep's been out of the driveway in three days. I walked in to work yesterday and today to take care of business. It truly is a winter wonderland out there.

I'm ready for spring.

Anyway, there will be a book launch party for the anthology, HELL IN THE HEARTLAND, at the Mix in Chicago on March 24th. Hopefully, by then the weather will be nicer here and there.

Hope everyone's staying warm. Snuggle up to your spouse or lover if you have one and keep the cold at bay.

Roger

1 comment:

Luciano Max© said...

HIS BLOG THIS PRETTY TOO CONGRATULATIONS

AFTERWARDS it PASSES IN MINE ALSO CERTAIN.

www.djlucianomax.blogspot.com