Friday, September 5, 2008

Higher Edjamacation

Lord, I can't believe it's been almost a month since my last post. Time flies when you're having fun, I guess. Anyway, I want to discuss the concept of people with PhD's being smarter than dumb ol' redneck hicks. While those letters (PhD) seem important, trust me when I tell you they are, all too often, a load a steaming fecal matter. I learned a long time ago that just because someone has a degree in this or that, it doesn't necessarily make them smart. It just means they had the money to make them look a little smarter by putting PhD behind their names. It's a vanity thing, I reckon. As far as I'm concerned, I think PhD stands for "piled higher and deeper". Having one doesn't make you one bit smarter, prettier or skinnier than you would be without it. It doesn't make your blemishes or bad breath go away, nor any other body odor.

Where am I going with all this? Heck, I don't know. I know that my blog was recently re-scrutinized for its content. While I suppose I am sticking my neck out there for the world to cut at with a blog, it's also a medicinal thing for me. I write this blog because I have friends in far off places that I miss and want to keep up with. They can come here and read what I'm doing and/or thinking. Unfortunately, so can everyone else in the world. Sometimes that's good; sometimes it's bad. All I can say to people reading this blog with a critical eye is this: You have the right to read it. You also have the right not to. If you don't like what you read here, if you find it offensive in any way....GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! You have that right. I also have the right to think and believe whatever I wish. Heartland Security hasn't taken that way...yet. There's something called Freedom of Speech and I'm a big advocate of it. What I do in my free time (which is minimal these days) is my own business. Remember that.

Sermon over.

Back to being a rat bastard.

No comments: