Thursday, October 9, 2008

Kids




Kids are driving me crazy tonight. They made their way up to their respective rooms and I have a moment of silence. I went on a field trip with my daughter Hope to Giant City State Park today. The place is less than ten miles away and I haven't hiked there in years! Damn, I need to get back to the basics of enjoying life. Today was a real eye-opener. We went to the Stone Fort (which no one seems to know why it was built) and along a scenic nature route I'd never walked in the park, either. As most people know, the glaciers from the last ice age pretty much stopped in southern Illinois. When they retreated, they left behind some dynamic rock structures. Giant City is one of them, and Garden of the Gods is another. Both are awesome sights to behold and I recommend you do so.

On the creative front, I just submitted my article on desalination of saltwater to Salem Press. We'll see how that goes. I also have a new short story coming out in Sinister Tales magazine toward the end of the month. That story, "Laugh at the Crying Man", is a short, but powerful, little piece of fiction. Not sure if it'll be online or not, but there is a hard copy version of the magazine. I recommend picking up a copy if you can.

Have a good weekend, everyone. More later, Roger

No comments: