Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas and the Hope that Things will be better in the New Year



Well, here it is, a handful of days from Christmas, and I'm reflecting back on the year. It's been a year of strife and toil and transition. The old Chinese curse "may you live in interesting times" has certainly held true for me. It could be argued that a lot of the strife over the past year has been self-induced. I'm not going to argue that. I was, however, quite honest about my needs and feelings over the past year. Perhaps I was a mite forceful in my delivery about those feelings, but sometimes you gotta shout to be heard. Sometimes, people just won't listen anyway, so you're better off saving your breath on them. But, now, at Christmas time, I have to sit back and look at the good things I have in life. I have children who love me (two of them are sitting on the couch ten feet from me, laughing and happy). I have a roof over my head and my health. A good woman in my arms would be nice, but hard to keep these days. It'll happen when it happens, I reckon. Anyway, I just want to wish ANYONE reading this (even those who read it with a malicious eye) a Merry Christmas. Life is a journey, my friends. Don't sit on the sidelines and watch it pass you by. Love someone if you can. Try to trust them and have faith in them. I know from personal experience that it's hard, but life is an awfully lonely place without someone at your side.

Merry Xmas

No comments: