Sunday, July 1, 2007

Love should be so kind


Good evening, my fellow bloggers. It's been two weeks, roughly, since I last posted. In that time, my DSL line got interrupted by a snafu at the phone company (don't ask) and I managed to destroy my cellphone by washing it (doubly a "don't ask"). My hot water heater is leaking (has been for about two years, I reckon) but now the pilot light isn't staying lit, so tomorrow night will find your humble author with a monkey wrench disconnecting the old hot water heater and installing a new one. I knew it was coming eventually. As for the cellphone, thankfully I had my old one and reactivated it, so I can stay in touch with the bitter thing my wife has become. Speaking of that, July 16th will be the last day of our marriage, apparently. I'm tired of the fighting; tired of looking into the eyes of a woman I once loved and seeing nothing. I simply want to move on. If she's reasonable, that'll happen July 16th. If not...well, I reckon our respective lawyers can get richer via our differences. With any luck, my 1971 BSA will be road-worthy by then, and I plan on taking a spiritually journey over the week of my birthday (August 1) in an effort to wipe some of the angst and heartache of the past away. On the plus side, I think romance is right around the corner for me. It's been a long while. She's a good woman and I hope she can remedy the damage done to your humble author's heart. Time will tell.

Till later,
Roger

No comments: