Thursday, October 18, 2007

Unintentional day off




Well, I've got an unintentional day off today. Stephanie called me this morning and let me know. She had to work, though, and is grading papers in relative darkness as I type. Seems the storms last night knocked out a major power grid and my children's school (and Stephanie's) was affected. They had no power and, rather than teach by candlelight, they closed the school. That's fine....it gives me time to get caught up on things. I also need to clean the house desperately (dust bunnies abound!) so I'll probably dig out the broom and start on that shortly, if I can keep the children tamed. But, it's also quite nice out, so I might take the kids out for a stroll in the stroller. Windy as heck but in the 70's. Might put a sail on the front of the stroller and let the wind do the pushing. Or, I might just lay around and look like a bump on a log. Not sure which, but probably the latter.

Anyway, just figured I'd post a blog because I had the time.

Later,
Roger

No comments: