Sunday, May 25, 2008

Ain't it funny how time slips away ...again




Well, Memorial Day is upon us. Last night, I went to Herrinfest to see John Waite. Waite is best known as the lead singer of a 70's group called The Baby's. They had hits like "Isn't it time?" and "Every time I think of you." Mostly ballads, but well crafted ballads. He had a huge solo hit with a song called "Missing You" that he remade with Allison Krause a couple years back. I highly urge everyone to hunt down the video of the song on the Internet. Allison Krause looks gorgeous in the video and that version is awesome. He also did one of my favorite Baby's songs, "Midnight Rendevous". As an encore, he did a decent reading of Led Zeppelin's "Rock n' roll". All in all, a show well worth the five bucks admission.


Anyway, my vacation ends on Tuesday and it's back to the ol' bump and grind. Just thought I'd let everyone know I'm still kicking.

Roger

No comments: