Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Beans and Greens


I've been meaning to post something new all week but have been lazy. There's really not that much new to report, I guess. I wrote another little short story for the Clarity of Night blogspot (www.clarityofnight.blogspot.com) for their new contest. Wrote it in about five minutes then fretted over it for an hour till it was exactly 250 words. Like the last entry of its nature, the story is "inspired" by a picture posted on the website. This time around, the story is called "Hidden Fire". Check it out. I hope you enjoy it.

The title of this blog entry is thanks to the lovely Ms. Stephanie. The other night, she started talking about making ham and beans at the Y.E.S. dinner we went to. We stopped at the grocery store and she bought some collard greens, too. The next day, she called me over for a dinner of ham and beans and collard greens. It was delicious. You did a great job, Stephanie. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Like I said: she's a keeper.

Anyway, I figured a new entry was required, so here it is. I will try to finish HELL IN THE HEARTLAND this weekend. I once again have a window of opportunity. We'll see if it gets completed. Looks like the low-budget movie, THE BIG MUDDY MONSTER, will be put off until next month, maybe even early next year. I'm so far behind I think I'm ahead.

Hope everyone is well. More later, Roger

1 comment:

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

i wondered where this post would go when i saw the photo of ted levine as buffalo bill. collared greens for me are like donuts with sprinkles for homer simpson. now give me some biscuits and gravy....