Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The next task at hand




Well, we're in the waning hours of Christmas 2007 and I'm looking forward to the new year. 2007 was a year of transition for me. I didn't plan it that way, of course, but life isn't something you can plan sometimes. I rolled with the punches, took what was thrown at me with as much humility and genuine honesty as I could. I wrote about it in my blog a lot over the year and, trust me, my blog has gotten me in hot water more than once this past year. But, you know what? At least I was honest. I told the truth in the way I saw it. The better part of the past decade for me was riddled in lies. Lies of love, lies of commitment, lies of the heart. I tried to be honest when I wrote things down. I "wrote what I knew", which is a writer's credo. Fiction-wise, I wrote like a fiend this past year as well. I finished HATE CITY LIMITS very early in the year, wrote a script for a movie/comic book called THE WEREWOLVES OF ZACAR VII (an idea I've had in my mind for well over a quarter of a century), which I still need to do some work on, wrote a novellette called CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS that I hope to finish final edits on before New Year's Day, wrote a low-budget movie script for THE BIG MUDDY MONSTER that will be produced, I hope, early next year, and am in the final stages of writing the first draft of PATH OF DARKNESS, which was originally entitled BLEEDING HEARTS. On top of that, I wrote a handful of short stories and a poetry collection entitled ALL SUMMER LONG. I have 20 or so poems for another collection to be entitled GAS STATION ROSE. Tomorrow, I plan to go to the Cellar (my favorite writing haunt since the ex headed off) and will finish writing SCRUFFY'S FIELD, a short story I've had in mind for a little while that will be dedicated to Stephanie because, well, she inspired it. It'll be a fantasy tale of love lost and regained.

On top of that, the anthology I co-edited, HELL IN THE HEARTLAND, ought to be back and ready to ship the first week of January. Cross your fingers.

2007 was a busy year. I tried to keep myself busy to keep my mind off things.

I've tried to make this blog entry less personal because, well, my arse is still sore from the last criticism of my blog.

Hope everyone got what they wanted for Christmas. Me? I got a blanket to keep me warm. Practical gift, considering how cold life can be sometimes.

I'll post a new entry before the turn of the year.

later
Roger

No comments: