Saturday, January 12, 2008

No Pain, No Gain

Well, I finally got off my lazy arse and started working out. Been doing it a few days now, and I'm already noticing results. No real weight loss (been eating too much for that, THAT is my next hurdle) but I've got aches where they weren't before, and tighter muscles. I moved the sit-up board out of the basement and into the same room I'm typing this blog entry and, while the kids are watching, I do sit-ups. I've done 100 already today and am pondering another 100 before bedtime. If I can get the kids to sleep quickly, I'll go down in the basement and work out on the Bowflex. If not, I'll do some push-ups. I might be 46, but there's no point in acting like an old man. I enjoy working out, it's just finding the inspiration to get started.

Speaking of inspiration, I finished the first draft of BLEEDING HEARTS. I'll probably change the title, but the book is finished. I plan on spending the rest of January doing some rewriting on a few things. Then, in February, I'll either start GOLDEN YEARS or a sci-fi time travel story to be called TRAIN 58. Right at the moment, I'm leaning toward TRAIN 58, but I have a couple of weeks or so to think about it. If I do that piece, I'll need to do some research on Indian tribes in Illinois. The internet ought to be helpful there.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know I'm trying to abide by those New Years Resolutions. More later, Roger

No comments: