Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Resolving to be Resolute



Morning Blog Readers,

Happy New Year! That's Father Time holding Baby New Year in the image above, for those who can't figure it out. I'm sitting here listening to a 26 year old Tom Petty song ("You Got Lucky") and pondering New Year's Resolutions. I went out with the lovely Ms. Stephanie last night. We meet my friend (and local artist) Brad Moore, his significant other, Diana, Shadi Frick (hope I spelled that right) and his wife, Karen, for dinner at Hunan restaurant. We entered the new year in what seems to be becoming a tradition - watching Tawl Paul and Slapping Henry Blue at PK's. They started the smoking ban early at PK's (it was, of course, supposed to start at midnight) and it was a welcome change to not smell like stale cigarettes when we left.

Here are my resolutions for 2008:

1). Be happier and healthier both physically and mentally.
2.) Put the past where it belongs - in the past. The future is today and tomorrow and, let me tell you, it looks good.
3.) Expand my presence as a writer - do more live readings, promote my work and my publishing endeavors as much as I can.
4). Love my children and my lady more (if that's possible). At least, be more receptive to their needs and feelings.
5). Get better at what I do, whether it be work, writing, love, etc.
6). Try to be a better housekeeper.
7). Quit biting off more than I can chew. Work on one project to its fruition, then move on to the next.
8). On that note, get THE BIG MUDDY MONSTER filmed, along with all the "little movies" I have in my head. Jon E. Rector and I are filming the short, "Victimless Crime", today. BMM will be filmed in the spring.


Anyway, those are just a few of the resolutions I'm making.

Hope your new year is special.

Roger

1 comment:

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

I'm sorry. You want to get better at sex? Good luck on that one, my friend...and put me in for weekend bus rides for filming of BMM. I want to be the town minstrel. Seriously.